Step-by-step guide on how to apply our self-tanning mousse.
You can easily achieve the perfect Sunless Rae glow at home by following this step-by-step guide. Self-tanning can be easy at home with these instructions and with a little practice.
The most important part of any self-tanning or even when you get a spray tan is the PREP!
1. Do not apply lotion on the day of your tan application all over your body, only apply lotion to the knees, ankles, top of feet, side of feet, elbows, inside of hands and on top of your hands.
2. Exfoliate with a dry brush 24-hours before your tan application to make sure all dead skin is off your body for an even application.
3. Wax or shave 24-hours before your tan application! The wax will rip off your self-tan and shaving right before will leave your pores open causing the bronzer to go into them - leaving brown dots.
1. Use our organic self-tanning mousse and mitt.
2. Always apply the mousse to the mitt then to your skin, not the other way around.
2. Work the mousse in lengthways motions, applying the product in clean sweeps with equal pressure to insure an even application. It doesn't matter where you start, I always start on my stomach.
3. The hands and feet are the most tricky part, this is the easiest way to spot if you have a fake tan. To apply to your hands make sure you applied lotion, bend you knuckles to make like a claw and use a kabuki brush. For the feet make sure you applied lotion, and also use a kabuki brush to apply the mousse. Always apply the mousse to the brush first, not your skin.
4. After you have successfully applied the mousse to your entire body, grab a wipe or even a damp paper-towel and wipe your wrists, palms, in between your fingers, nails, sides of feet, toe nails, back of heel and in between toes.
1. Follow all instructions on the bottle; if rapid rinse off in 1-4 hours depending on the color you want to achieve, and 8-12 hours for our overnight solution.
2. Use an organic body wash during each shower and use an organic body lotion everyday.
3. Do not exfoliate your body and pat dry your body when using a towel.
4. Use an alcohol free sunblock such as, Sunbum so you don't strip your tan.
5. When you see the tan start to fade you can reapply the mousse in these areas. Once you are at the week/week and a half mark of your tan life do a full body exfoliation and new application.
If you have more questions feel free to email us at anytime at email@example.com and we will be more than happy to answer them.