How to remove self tanner
If you are a self tan lover, and use it weekly (like me), you will need to know how to remove it. If you don't remove old self tanner, your new tan application will look patchy and uneven. However, you are in luck with the Sunless Rae self tanner, it fades gradually and will just be gone after 5-7 days. If you prefer another self tanner, you will need to know how to remove old self tanner.
To remove self tanner from your body:
- Go in the jacuzzi
- Take a bath and soak for 30 minutes with organic oils, then exfoliate and rub with a towel. This will break down the DHA, what makes you tan, and will help your fake tan come off.
- Take a hot shower, exfoliate and then rub with a towel when you get out.
- Try self tan removers, there are a few on the market. They are full of chemicals so I don't use them, but it is an option.
- My favorite option is to take a bath with baking soda and lemon juice, exfoliate and then rub with towel when you get out.
- You can also try a stream room, or sauna.
- Use a sugar body scrub in the shower or bath, just keep in mind you can’t apply self tanner again for a few days. The scrub will leave an invisible layer of oils on your skin, causing a light tan or a tan that doesn't last as long.
Keep in mind NEVER USE WINDEX OR A MAGIC ERASER to remove a fake tan, it can leave you with a chemical burn.
To remove self tanner from your face:
- Use a liquid exfoliator, I like Paula's Choice.
- A retinol, this is also an exfoliator and will help your fake tan come off.
- Try a face scrub.
- Wash your face with warm water and then rub with a towel.
A self tan or any kind of fake tan can be difficult to get off, after trying all of these options it may still not get all of it off. Unfortunately, you will have to let it takes it course at that point, but no fake tan will last more than 2 weeks and most fade at 5-7 days.