Best at home self tan routine
You can easily achieve the best at home self tan by following these exact steps! There are things you can do to make the self tanner not work, be as dark as it can be or last as long as it should. If you want the BEST results every time follow these steps the to the T!
Steps to achieving the best at home self tan:
2. Have an application mitt to apply the self tan mousse. Do not use a glove or your hand!
4. Lastly, have lotion to apply to your dry ares before self tanning. Any lotion you have around the house will work fine.
5. Plan out the day you want to self tan to make sure you have the best color for an event or vacay. For example, if you have a date Saturday night, you would want to exfoliate/shave on Thursday and then self tan on Friday.
6. Always, exfoliate/shave 24 hours before self tanning. This is important because you want your pores closed before you sunless tan.
7. Apply lotion to dry areas before self tanning, such as the top of your feet, ankles, knees, elbows, and tops of hands.
8. To apply the self tan mousse, pump the mousse into the self tan mitt and then rub in circular motions all over your body. I always start with one arm, then go to my chest, then the other arm and work my way down until my entire body is covered.
9. Yes, you can apply self tan mousse to your face! Again, just make sure you do it with a mitt or kabuki brush.
10. After you have finished applying it, let it "marinate" for the time it says on the bottle. A standard mousse, which is what the Sunless Rae mousse is, you can rinse in a minimum of 8 hours. A express/rapid mousse you can rinse in 2-4 hours depending on how tan you want to be, 2 hours light, 3 hours medium and 4 hours dark. You must rinse off a rapid at the 4 hour mark or you risk turning orange.
11. While your tan is "marinating" do not sweat or do anything with water, water spots and sweats can leave you with a spotty tan.
12. When you are ready to rinse off the tanner, rinse in warm water in the shower and do not use soap or lotion until the 24 hour mark. The tan keeps developing for 24 hours and if you use soap or lotion it stops this process.
13. Apply self tanner once a week to maintain the perfect at home tan! Exfoliate in between applications.
There you have it, the BEST at home self tan routine! I hope this helps you achieve the best at home self tan.