How to match your makeup with your self tan
During my spray tan artist journey, this is a question I get asked by most new clients and my answer is NO! You do not need to run out and buy a new foundation or any makeup after getting a spray tan or applying a self tanner.
Here is exactly how you have your foundation match your new sunless tan:
- Apply Born This Way concealer side of eye and outside of eye, chin, top of nose, and forehead.
- Apply foundation all over your face with a beauty blender, I use Tarte Cosmetics foundation.
- This is the most important step, apply Benefit Hoola Bronzer, this is the BEST! This bronzer will match a self tan or spray tan perfectly. I apply bronzer to my cheeks, around my face, sides of my nose, under my jawline and neck.
- After I am happy with the bronzer application, I will apply blush to my cheeks and blend into the bronzer.
- Next, I fill in my brows, curl my lashes and apply mascara.
I do not apply a lot of makeup, I like a natural look. If you still feel like your face looks too pale, you can always use the leftover bronzer on the brush and brush it all over your face. This will help everything look slightly darker.
If you are an avid self tanner or spray tanner you can of course invest in a darker foundation and concealer to match your fake tan, but it isn’t necessary.