Self tanning mousse tips
Self tanning can be intimidating, you start to think what if I mess up when applying it or what if I look orange? We all have these first thoughts when it is our first time applying a self tan mousse. This is why it is important to read the directions on the product and follow someone like me who shares all the best self tanning tips and tricks. I am going to share with you the most important self tanning mousse tips, these tips will be a game changer for you!
SELF TAN TIPS
- Always apply lotion to your feet, ankles, knees, top of hands, inside of hands, wrists and elbows before applying self tan mousse to your body. Using a lotion acts as a barrier from the self tanner and will help your fake tan look more natural.
- Use a self tanner in the shade medium, this will help your fake tan look natural and self tanners are buildable. If you want to be darker just add another layer the following day.
- Apply self tanner at night, I always recommend self tanning at night so it doesn’t interfere with your day to day life. When self tanning you can’t sweat, wear tight clothes or do anything with water until your first shower.
- Have a friend or partner help you with applying the mousse to your back. You can use a back applicator or a wooden spoon with the mitt attached, but it is just easier to have someone do it for you really fast.
- Don’t go in a jacuzzi or sauna when you have a fake tan on, doing one of these will take it off.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before applying any self tanner, do not do it right before applying a self tanner, you will not have the best results possible. Also, with exfoliating ONLY USE A EXFOLIATING MITT. Please do not use an oil based body scrub, this will also mess up your fake tan. If you see a self tan company promoting one to use beforehand, they don’t understand how fake tans work.
- Know the difference between rapid and standard, a rapid solution you can rinse off in 2-4 hours depending on how tan you want to be. Never sleep in a rapid solution, you risk turning orange and it is bad for your skin. A standard solution you keep on for a minimum of 8 hours, it can be kept on longer.
- When you first apply a self tan product, you sometimes will see immediate color, that isn’t the tan you are going to have, that is just the bronzer in the product. Your fake tan will take a full 24 hours to develop.
- Yes, you can shave with a sunless tan on, just wait 24 hours from the application. Never wax, only shave.
- If you are in the middle of laser hair removal, you will need the fake tanner to be completely off before your next treatment.
I hope you LOVED these self tan tips and you learned something new, as always please feel free to ask us any self questions that you may have in the comment section below.